Special Curator event for Manet: Portraying Life at Waterstones Piccadilly
15 March 2013
Edouard Manet, 'Berthe Morisot with a Bouquet of Violets', 1872. Oil on canvas 55.5 x 40.5 cm. Paris, musée d'Orsay, acquis avec la participation du Fonds du Patrimoine, de la Fondation Meyer, de China Times Group et d'un mécénat coordonné par le quotidien Nikkei, 1998 Photo © RMN (Musée d'Orsay) / Hervé Lewandowski. Exhibition organised by the Royal Academy of Arts, London with the Toledo Museum of Art, Ohio. 6.30pm
Waterstones 203-206 Piccadilly,
London, W1J 9LE
Tickets: £23 (includes drinks and nibbles)
This singularly important exhibition is the first ever retrospective devoted to the portraiture of Edouard Manet. Spanning the entire career of this enigmatic and at times controversial artist, Manet: Portraying Life
brings together more than 50 works from across Europe, Asia and the USA.
Itinerary of event at WATERSTONES, PICCADILLY
6.30pm – 7pm – Drinks and nibbles reception. Exhibition tickets will be given at door of event
7pm – 7.45pm – Talk by MaryAnne Stevens
7.45pm – 8pm – Q&A session
8pm – Event closes. Guests to make their way to the Manet exhibition at the Royal Academy of Arts on Piccadilly
Tickets are £23 and the event has limited capacity so book now to avoid disappointment.
To book, click on the link below or call 020 7300 5635 and quote ‘RA Manet Waterstones’.
Edouard Manet, The Railway, 1873. Oil on canvas, 93.3 x 111.5 cm.
National Gallery of Art, Washington, Gift of Horace Havemeyer in memory of his mother, Louisine W. Havemeyer, 1956.10.1. Photo courtesy of the National Gallery of Art, Washington Terms and conditions apply
- Please choose either an 8pm or 8.30pm exhibition entry time when booking the ticket
- Exhibition tickets to be given at the door of the event at Waterstones, Piccadilly.
Terms and Conditions
1. This ticket is not part of the Friends of the Royal Academy subscription
2. The event has limited capacity
3. Tickets are subject to availability
4. Please note that the event starts at 6.30pm at the Waterstones store, 203-206 Piccadilly, London W1J 9LE, Tel: 0843 290 8549. Please collect exhibition tickets at door of the event at Waterstones, Piccadilly
5. The ticket includes a glass of wine, nibbles and entry to the Manet exhibition at Royal Academy of Arts at 8pm and 8.30pm