1 November 2013
In the Reynolds Room, a John Madejski Fine Room
Sidney Nolan, Ned Kelly, 1946. Enamel paint on composition board, 90.8 x 121.5 cm.
National Gallery of Australia
National Gallery of Australia, Canberra. Gift of Sunday Reed, 1977
This half-day event considers the representation and reinvention of Australian identity through Australian film, art, cultural legend, television, design, and cuisine.
- Professor Kate Darian-Smith, University of Melbourne
- Professor Ian McLean, University of Wollongong
- Professor Philip Goad, University of Melbourne
- Dr Ian Henderson, King’s College London
- Dr Simon Sleight, King’s College London
- Bill Granger, restaurateur, cook & food writer
- Henry Dimbleby, co-founder of Leon restaurants
Supported by the Victorian Government of Australia.
Download the Focus Day programme, updated on 14 October 2013 (203 KB)
£35 / £20 reductions (students, jobseekers and people with disabilities)
Tickets include Focus Day, entry to Australia
and a drink.
A limited number of tickets will be available on the door of the event from 12pm.
Terms and Conditions for RA Events & Lectures